Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Baking powder on poultry skin

RRPRRP Posts: 13,849
Just a week ago egger smokesniffer started a thread about whether to use corn starch or not on chicken. There were a few replies pro and con. Personally I have dusted chicken pieces and parts now and then with mix results. I was just reading the Oct/Nov 2013 issue of Cook's Country mag which is a sister publication to Cook's Illustrated. In an article entitled " the best baked chicken wings" they discuss the use - not of corn starch, but baking powder as being a secret ingredient to crispy chicken skin, calling for a liberal dusting for the crispest (baked) chicken wings. I will be glad to add their explanation of why if someone asks for it.
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments