Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Online BBQ Store?

Hi,

I have a local BBQ store, they sell eggs and a decent amount of supplies, just wondering,

Is it cheaper to buy online generally?
(Or does it work out more expensive with shipping)

Is there an online store like amazon where people leave reviews of what they bought?

Who do you recommend with reasonable prices but quality stuff?

I'm looking for
A thermometer, instant read digital or analog? Remote wireless??

A chicken & turkey holder. (Do you need two or will one do both??)

Some good rubs you recommend

Thanks in advance...first post on here, had the egg a week, and what a week!!
Tiocfaidh!
Support 26+6=1 United Ireland

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    edited September 2013
    Are you looking for rubs and such? I have ordered from Big Poppa Smokers before, and service was good. Free shipping if your order is over $40. The least expensive remote wireless setup is the Maverick et-732, but you can splurge for more expensive wifi options such as with the Stoker or Guru systems. For instant read thermometers, there is of course the Thermapen, but the cheaper alternative (and a very good one) is the Thermoworks rt600c made by the same company that makes the Thermapen. I am probably in the minority, but i like my rt600c better than my Thermapen. 

Are you talking about the vertical chicken/turkey stands? You may not need one, if you like spatchcock chicken :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    I like Hawgeye's BBQ a lot.  Where are you located?

http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • MA

I'm thinking of vertical stands for the turkey/chicken.
    Is there a need for one for turkey?

For the thermometer whatever recommendations, thanks for those
    Tiocfaidh!
    Support 26+6=1 United Ireland
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463

One of the best online deals around is a sample pack from Oakridge BBQ - $4.95 with free shipping for 7 oz. of high quality rubs. Granted, it is for rubs only so it won't have accessories, wood and equipment. But specialization is part of the beauty of shopping online.

http://www.oakridgebbq.com/?product=sample-rub-pack

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    I like Firecraft.  I have purchased rubs, wood, cook books, and lots of other stuff from them and the shipping has always been very fast.  Orders over $99.00 ship for free too!
    XL BGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Once you find a rub you like check their website for prices. I bought 7 lbs of Bad Byron's and 7lbs of Head Country for under $40 per jug. Sounds like a lot but by the time you share and do several butts/briskets...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Firecraft is good, very nice folks. I live near there so i call in my order then pick it up at the shop.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I like to support local business when I can, but sometimes amazon is pretty convenient, especially at night after or during egging and consuming the requisite amount of adult beverages. My CFO (SWMBO) mentioned to me today my amazon orders need to slow down. :)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    +1 on amazon. Really convenient.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • kak
    kak Posts: 3
    Tasty Licks / Fred's Music & Barbecue.  They carry a lot of stuff and I've had good luck with them.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    +1 on Tasty Licks. I am fortunate that Fred's is local to me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • We need to keep Fred in business so he continues to do those cheesy videos. "Here we go!"