Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good wireless thermo?

Options
Fairly new to my MBGE & doing my 2nd slow & low butt while also working from home.  Getting to be a bit annoying running outside every hour to check dome temp.  I know there are wireless thermos that can monitor dome, grid temp, and have multiple probes for meat.  What's everyone's favorite?  Does anyone use the iPhone app?  

My 6 y.o. daughter named my MBGE Shrek, because it is big, green & it burps.
My daughter named my Egg Shrek, because it is big, green, and burps.  
LBGE in Arlington, VA
God Bless America!

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's all up to your budget, but the maverick wireless thermometer is fine with me. I splurged and got the one with the BGE stamp just for the name.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    If your budget allows, I would look at the Stoker.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Depending upon your distance needs and budget, consider this:
    http://www.thermoworks.com/products/logger/bluetherm_duo.html#ProductDescription

Thermoworks is high quality stuff.  I have a maverick and it works ok.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    used to use the maverick but now during low and slows where i dont want to go outside during the cook i just rotate the egg so i can see the dome therm from the window
    :D if you turn the therm so the needle points straight up at temp you can see it from along ways away
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Got my Maverick 732 a few weeks ago and wish I had bought it sooner. I used to set my alarm for every 2 hours on overnight cooks just to go see the egg was stable most of the time. Now I can get a great nights sleep and only need to check if something goes wrong. I also work from home and can't see my deck from my office.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Charlesmaneri
    Options
    I use the Igrill it works well the only problem is the Igrill eats batteries  other then that it's a good device 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • HorseMover
    Options
    Just used my Maverick 732 this past weekend for the first time. It was handy and worked great.
    Albion, PA
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

I'm a big fan of my Mav ET-732.

Very dependable.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Shrek
    Shrek Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks guys, bought the Mav 732.  The others look nice but I'm on a budget...  
    My daughter named my Egg Shrek, because it is big, green, and burps.  
    LBGE in Arlington, VA
    God Bless America!
  • tactical_66
    tactical_66 Posts: 207
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I set my egg and go to bed. When I wake up the temp is always within 25 deg or so of when I left it. I would like a remote thermometer but for me I do not see the need.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Shrek Good choice. I considered a temp controller bit it felt too much like cheating.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    For the $s the Maverick is decent.

Just heard today a model ET-733 is expected to be released in late October and have a larger display on the remote and allow for setting alarms up or down.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA