Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen Pizza on Egg?

Charbon
Charbon Posts: 222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
chickenpie004.jpg
<p />Any particular brand favorites when you don't have the time to make dough from scratch? Also I'm breaking in pizza stone but it seems like one should be using 500 to 600 dome temp? I was at 400 for 40 minutes which is longer than directions called for.

Comments

• Charbon,
    Where did you get that pizza cutter it looks like it is really easy to use and very sturdy. is it? Oh yeah Pizza looks good except for olives

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Charbon,
    I always do pizzas at 550° to 600°. I don't do the frozen ones. After trying the Publix fresh dough I see no need to ever use frozen again.

• Charbon,
    I found that when doing frozen pizza, it worked best if you followed the instructions that come with it. I think I did Digiorno pizzas and they turned out pretty well.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • i agree, looks good except for black olives. hate'em. i have never tried frozen pizzas on the egg, but i do buy the pre-made crust from the cooler section of the grocery store, name brand is MAMA-MIA, and they are not bad at all, you get a pack of two for $3.50. i get those at either winn-dixie or food-world, i will have to try the one from publix.
  • Charbon
    Bobby-Q, Fresh dough has been one of my consistant cooking failures. I use the wooden paddle with corn meal under dough. It still seems to stick. Most often everything mushes off into one big mess onto hot stone. I'll keep trying.

• Charbon
    Scrambled Eggs, It's made by a Company called "Zyliss" Works real good and should be last cutter I'll ever buy.
    They also make a hard cheese (parmesan) grater which is worth having.

• Charbon
    The Naked Whiz, Thanks, Looks like I'll need to crank up the heat to at least 550. With all this ceramic mass inside cooker I'll need to wait longer as well. Seems like the temp is not as hot as dome temp indicates.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Charbon,
    Try switching to flour instead of cornmeal. Also make sure you test run it before you go out to load it on the Egg. It should slide easily bak and forth with no sticking.[p]If all that fails then you could look into one of those easy peel things. I'm sure someone will get you a link if you post about it.

• forget the pizza peel - use a pizza screen: you build your pizza on it and then place directly on the pizza stone - not much aiming needed to align pizza dough on a hot stone. B)
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Pizza2.jpg
    <p />Charbon,
    I usually buy Baboli bread and go crazy with toppings. Otherwise I use DiGiorno.