Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fajitas texas style

The Misses favorite meal.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Huh.  Looks moist.  Tasty.  The torillas were grilled too.  Cilantro looks fresh. A point off for too much sour cream (not a fan) Hmmm.  Store bought grated cheese?  After making that fabulous meal you BOUGHT your cheese in a bag.  Another point off.  Mmmmmmm.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Not sourcream....Mexican creama.I like queso fresco.but she doesn't .

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Despite the previous criticism, I thought they looked pretty fantastic. Nice work.
  • Looks very good, TW.  I'll have to try Crema Méxicana on fajitas.  I use it on a shrimp dish I make, but hadn't thought of it for fajitas.  I agree with the sour cream comment.  I'm not a fan on fajitas either.  I will eat it on a baked potato though.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Looks pretty good to me @texaswig. Huge fan of crema. We like queso fresco, cotija, oaxaca or chihuahua cheese on ours, but then that's getting more into Mexican street style tacos than texas style, not that one is better than the other. Just different. Did you marinate them yourself or pre-marinated?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• texaswig
    Pre- marinated from the Mexican market. 5 bucks apound.Grilled then cut against the grain.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Be very careful of Mexican meat markets.  I gave a Tejano friend of mine some homemade chorizo.  He asked me how I made it.

He said he used to work in a Mexican meat market.  When they had some pork that had gone rancid, they would soak in in vinegar for a week (I guess to get rid of the smell), and then make their chorizo out of it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• texaswig
    No worries this is a big chain store.

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Looks good to me.
    Dave - Austin, TX