Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

fajitas texas style

The Misses favorite meal.
Scott
Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
·

Comments

• Huh.  Looks moist.  Tasty.  The torillas were grilled too.  Cilantro looks fresh. A point off for too much sour cream (not a fan) Hmmm.  Store bought grated cheese?  After making that fabulous meal you BOUGHT your cheese in a bag.  Another point off.  Mmmmmmm.
    ·
  • Not sourcream....Mexican creama.I like queso fresco.but she doesn't .
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

·
  • Despite the previous criticism, I thought they looked pretty fantastic. Nice work.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3

·
  • Looks very good, TW.  I'll have to try Crema Méxicana on fajitas.  I use it on a shrimp dish I make, but hadn't thought of it for fajitas.  I agree with the sour cream comment.  I'm not a fan on fajitas either.  I will eat it on a baked potato though.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Looks pretty good to me @texaswig. Huge fan of crema. We like queso fresco, cotija, oaxaca or chihuahua cheese on ours, but then that's getting more into Mexican street style tacos than texas style, not that one is better than the other. Just different. Did you marinate them yourself or pre-marinated?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Pre- marinated from the Mexican market. 5 bucks apound.Grilled then cut against the grain.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

·
  • Be very careful of Mexican meat markets.  I gave a Tejano friend of mine some homemade chorizo.  He asked me how I made it.

He said he used to work in a Mexican meat market.  When they had some pork that had gone rancid, they would soak in in vinegar for a week (I guess to get rid of the smell), and then make their chorizo out of it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • No worries this is a big chain store.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

·
  • Looks good to me.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·