Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's cooking? Monday night

Options
We've been going strong with a weekly spacthcock for a few weeks now. Today I've got him sitting in a brine.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This guys going on the small. Raised direct 425

XLBGE 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Something much simpler here called pork burgers. They are not sausage but ground pork made by a local packing house. I use a favorite rub and then go 4/4/2 direct at 350 dome. The last 2 minutes is to melt a slice of pepper jack cheese and then top off the burgers with grilled onions! Makes a very tasty sandwich!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    RRP said:
    Something much simpler here called pork burgers. They are not sausage but ground pork made by a local packing house. I use a favorite rub and then go 4/4/2 direct at 350 dome. The last 2 minutes is to melt a slice of pepper jack cheese and then top off the burgers with grilled onions! Makes a very tasty sandwich!
    That sounds amazing man!!

XLBGE 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    No Egg tonight - burgers on the CI Lodge Hibachi, and yesterday's Chicken Noodle Soup has been morphed into Italian Wedding Soup, one of my favorites.
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited September 2013
    Options
    @mickey

Coming a little higher up

XLBGE 
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    What is your go to brine for your chicken? I need to try a brine with chicken.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @RAC

This was my first try. Actually was underwhelmed. It was very moist, but I've never had a problem with it not being. It did impart some flavor. But the meat was kind of gummy. Also the small egg did not cook this the same as the large, just because of hot spots and heat flow.

Tasty still, but not a success.

XLBGE 
  • khristyjeff
    Options
    I'll take your gummy, moist bird over mine.  Did first spatchcock Sunday night and did my best to prove people wrong (that it's hard to screw up spatchcock chicken).  I didn't expect a 5+# bird to cook so quickly. Needless to say I pulled it at around 200 internal.  Still edible, but barely.  Also had to cut off the burnt bottom.  Sorry, no pictures.