Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weeping Grease

I just noticed the other day that my XL started weeping grease out of the bottom.  I hardly ever use a drip pan and I would guess that is the reason why.  Has anyone had this happen and any suggestions on cleaning it off.
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,885
    A non-abrasive cleaner such as Simple Green should do the trick. Curious though - is it seeping out of the vent or near the very bottom? Reason I ask is I wonder if your base may be cracked.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • I've had grease coming out of the top vent, never the bottom.  Just wiped it off with a wet cloth during the next cook.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    it could be patina but we would need to see a pic
    :D

·
  • @fishlessman - that is not patina.... that is just ugly. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • @fishlessman - that is not patina.... that is just ugly. 
    More like filthy...

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,484
    I will pass on this one.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·