Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weeping Grease

I just noticed the other day that my XL started weeping grease out of the bottom.  I hardly ever use a drip pan and I would guess that is the reason why.  Has anyone had this happen and any suggestions on cleaning it off.
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 14,910
    A non-abrasive cleaner such as Simple Green should do the trick. Curious though - is it seeping out of the vent or near the very bottom? Reason I ask is I wonder if your base may be cracked.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • I've had grease coming out of the top vent, never the bottom.  Just wiped it off with a wet cloth during the next cook.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,747
    it could be patina but we would need to see a pic
    :D

·
  • @fishlessman - that is not patina.... that is just ugly. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • @fishlessman - that is not patina.... that is just ugly. 
    More like filthy...

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,208
    I will pass on this one.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·