Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

London Broil recipe

TractorTractor Posts: 283
edited 11:49PM in EggHead Forum
Here is a great London Broil marinade I have used for several years. Thought I'd share it with everyone:[p]0.5 cup soy sauce
0.5 cup olive oil
4.5 tbsp honey
6 lg. garlic cloves minced
3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
1.5 tbsp coarse grnd black pepper
1.5 tsp salt
2.5 lb london broil or flank steak[p]Allow to marinate in your refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.

Comments

• Tractor, sounds great. I was thinking LB for tomorrow. I'll give it a shot.

• sstripes96sstripes96 Posts: 142
    edited September 2013
    I tried this marinade tonight on a 2lb London Broil and it was freakin awesome. Marinated it for 6 hours and tossed it on a 600 degree Egg for 2 minutes per side right over the flames. Flipped it a 3rd time, shut all the vents, and let it sit for 2 more minutes. Then foiled it and let it rest for 10 minutes. My wife and daughters (who are Georgia Peaches) literally licked their plates. Served it with oven roasted potatoes with rosemary, garlic, and onions and almond green beans.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I've used a similar recipe (without Rosemary, otherwise the same) for a long time. Agree it's fantastic. I love how the honey helps create a great bark on the roast. Any pics?
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 860
    Thanks so much for this. I've never known what to do with a London broil.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • TractorTractor Posts: 283
    THANKS! Glad y'all like it! I was way overdue to sign in and post!
  • Tractor said:
    Here is a great London Broil marinade I have used for several years. Thought I'd share it with everyone:[p]0.5 cup soy sauce
    0.5 cup olive oil
    4.5 tbsp honey
    6 lg. garlic cloves minced
    3 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried)
    1.5 tbsp coarse grnd black pepper
    1.5 tsp salt
    2.5 lb london broil or flank steak[p]Allow to marinate in your refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.

using this tonight.
    thanks for the idea.
    In the Pacific Northwest We cook outside! Year round!