Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cowboy explosion

Options
seems over tha last few months cowboy has taken over the whole north east, atleast in my area. i havent seen any other lump in quite some time, maybe since late spring. price has been low, figure they will start rising now. anybody else seeing this takeover
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    When I read your title, I could only think of this.

Now, if you had said "implosion", I would have thought of this.

Lump-wise, I only see Cowboy at HD and Lowes. Otherwise I only use Wegmans lump and more recently, Rockwood.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    lowes, hd. market basket, shaws, super stop and save, mckinnons market,demoulas, thaites meats, brudwick' s butcher shop. all only have cowboy, used to be able to get a bunch of types of lump, im not even seeing royal oak anymore
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Here on the left coast of Canukistan, Home Depot carried only briquettes, now they have DuraFlame Lump - made by Cowboy I think. Used a couple of bags, was mostly moulding, flooring and furniture ends (?), no real tree parts that I saw. Good heat but seemed like lots of ash. Lowe's in Bellingham had Cowboy on sale, $10 for large bag. Haven't tried it yet, but the sign said "Improved" so it must be good, eh?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • GreenhawK
    Options
    It has always been all over the place around here.  Several grocery stores carry it.  As well as hardware and grilling stores.  I don't use it very often, but I don't have a problem with it.  It doesn't get great reviews on this forum, but I have never had a problem with it, and would definitely use it.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL