Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First post, saying hello with a pork butt

I am excited to say hello and join a community of folks who enjoy the process and results which come from firing up the Egg.  I picked up my Egg a few months ago and have been a bit slow to sign up for an account, but wanted to post a picture from my first cook around the fourth of July when I offered (either with great bravery or stupidity) to home my wife's family of 25 for a cookout.  After 15 hours at a dome temp of 250 24 lbs of pork butt emerged from The Egg at a temp just over 200 degrees with a solid bark.  FYI, I used Chris Schlesinger's rub recipe with the addition of a bit more salt. I learned you don't have to be lucky or good, just get an Egg.  Anyway, thanks for all of the tips I've gathered so far, and I look forward to learning more from those who can't get that darn smoke smell out of their hair.

Comments