Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fajitas getting ready for lunch

Will use CI plate hot on the Large for lunch in a few hours.
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,687
    I did that over Labor Day with venison fajitas.  The CI is definitely the way to go.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,687
    Dude, that looks good. If I didn't have a brisket on right now I'd have to get in my car and start driving your way.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

@Foghorn you are always welcome my friend.

• Let me know 69 minutes before they're done.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

edited September 2013
    Let me know 69 minutes before they're done.   :D
    For Gods sake Gary, please add to that statement
    :-\"

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,428
    Mickey, did you marinate the meat or is it just season and sear. I have some skirt steaks for fajitas tonight.
    About 3 hours @Eggcelsior. Hope I don't have to turn in my Texas driver license for this but didn't want to go to the store and had some serlion in the freezer. After about 30 mins sill thick enough to cut thin. Have done it this way in the past and works.

• Mickey said:
    Let me know 69 minutes before they're done.   :D
    For Gods sake Gary, please add to that statement
    :-\"
    Mickey lives exactly 69 miles from me.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,069
    Sounds good so far. How is that seasoning in terms of salt? I've seen it at HEB before, but never tried it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    caliking said:

Sounds good so far. How is that seasoning in terms of salt? I've seen it at HEB before, but never tried it.

Yep on the salt. Have used it for the past 25 years.

• +1 on the Fiesta Fajita seasoning. Their pinto bean seasoning is wonderful too.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,705

Lord, Mickey, it's just a shame you're such a long drive from the Willamette Valley.

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    Good eats. image

• I may be a tad late.  I'm in a traffic jam on I-35 around Pflugerville.  Save some for me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    You better hit a Taco Cabana...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey, I won't be going to Waco till Wednesday....sure there will be no  leftovers by then....
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    Mickey, I won't be going to Waco till Wednesday....sure there will be no  leftovers by then....

Call when you are in this direction please. I have that new style Mini Stand for Gary.