Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saturday Brisket

Started the weekend with Lamb Chops... image Did Brisket today. Love me some burnt ends... image image Ribs tomorrow for the game. WHO DAT!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 930.2K

Comments

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,010
    Nice .It all looks good.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,740
    I don't know if your team won today - or if you even have one - but you and whoever you were feeding sure did.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Awesome! Nice smoke ring.
  • Foghorn said:
    I don't know if your team won today - or if you even have one - but you and whoever you were feeding sure did.

Ha! My team is playing right now against Auburn. Thanks for the kind words.
  • Delicious brisket. What was your method for cooking?
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Nice looking brisket!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,100
    The brisket looks amazing...but I want to hear more about thst first pic!  Did u do the sides on the egg?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• pineypiney Posts: 655
    Que, wonderful looking cooks! I too would like to know your method on brisket. Lamb Chops look great also.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Thanks for the comments everyone. @Smoking Bulldawg & @piney....I have been lucky to find 8-10 lb briskest at my local Costco (prime even) so I can't help you on the big 16 lb packers. I keep it simple and rub with Salt and Pepper and smoke with pecan at 275 until done (195-205). I then separate the flat and Let it rest wrapped in foil. I then take the point and make burnt ends. I put them in a foil pan with some rub and BBQ sauce and smoke for another 30 minutes, tossing half way through.
  • The brisket looks amazing...but I want to hear more about thst first pic!  Did u do the sides on the egg?

Yes, except for the potatoes which I did in the over. Asparagus and mushrooms I did first. Salt, pepper and EVOO. Grilled at 400 direct til done (which isn't long). I then let them rest covered with foil while cooking the chops. Thx!