Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas getting ready for lunch

Options
Will use CI plate hot on the Large for lunch in a few hours.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I did that over Labor Day with venison fajitas.  The CI is definitely the way to go.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Dude, that looks good. If I didn't have a brisket on right now I'd have to get in my car and start driving your way.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    @Foghorn you are always welcome my friend.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Let me know 69 minutes before they're done.   :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    edited September 2013
    Options
    For Gods sake Gary, please add to that statement
    :-\"

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey, did you marinate the meat or is it just season and sear. I have some skirt steaks for fajitas tonight.
  • Mickey
    Options
    About 3 hours @Eggcelsior. Hope I don't have to turn in my Texas driver license for this but didn't want to go to the store and had some serlion in the freezer. After about 30 mins sill thick enough to cut thin. Have done it this way in the past and works.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Mickey said:
    For Gods sake Gary, please add to that statement
    :-\"
    Mickey lives exactly 69 miles from me.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Sounds good so far. How is that seasoning in terms of salt? I've seen it at HEB before, but never tried it.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:

Sounds good so far. How is that seasoning in terms of salt? I've seen it at HEB before, but never tried it.

Yep on the salt. Have used it for the past 25 years.

• Springram
    Options
    +1 on the Fiesta Fajita seasoning. Their pinto bean seasoning is wonderful too.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

Lord, Mickey, it's just a shame you're such a long drive from the Willamette Valley.

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Mickey
    Options
    Good eats. image

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I may be a tad late.  I'm in a traffic jam on I-35 around Pflugerville.  Save some for me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    You better hit a Taco Cabana...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Mickey, I won't be going to Waco till Wednesday....sure there will be no  leftovers by then....
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Mickey, I won't be going to Waco till Wednesday....sure there will be no  leftovers by then....

Call when you are in this direction please. I have that new style Mini Stand for Gary.