Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Testing direct pork butt, small BGE.

I traveled for business this week.  Got home at midnight Friday night and my wife had packed for our weekend trip to a friend's cabin near Jamestown, TN.  We left at 6:30am this morning. 

She's riding in the WMA with her friend and I am to stay home, BBQ, watch the Aggies (Whoop!), and drink beer.  She knew our friend had a Big Green Egg so my wife packed all the BBQ fixings and thawed a 5 lb. butt from a hog we had processed in the fall.

We arrive and I start to prep the butt and go to light the Egg and realize it's a small, with only a cast iron grate, no plate setter, no pizza stone.  So I've rigged a pseudo indirect by using a small pan in which I have created a rack to keep the butt out of the grease using rolled up foil.  However, it's really a direct setup so I'm going to do a turbo around 325/350 until > 165 internal then drop the temp until just before dinner. 

Will post pictures or at least results.

Comments