Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PITMASTER IQ 110

Options
Hello all, been away for awhile and thought I would stop back in to say hi and show my new toy for my Medium Egg. Ordered a Pimaster IQ 110 pit controller from John over at his Amazon store and giving her a ceremonial run tonight. Just trying her out and seeing how it does to raise the temp. I just can't wait to see how this goes and how well it does with the temperature. I have wanted a pit controller of some kind for a long time and this was in my price range and pretty much covered all the bases for what I needed without all the bells and whistles which suits me fine! I'm doing a test run and timing it to see how long it takes to get to my target temp of 225. Will keep you updated!
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    Options

I've been using one for 4 yrs now......works great on my BGE's and Rebel.  I'm looking forward to trying the new IQ120.  I see more of a use for it on the Rebel than the BGE's though.

I'm a dealer for the 110's, and as with the fire grates and such, I give discounts and free shipping to members here. 

• NightwingXP
    Options
    I saw the IQ120 but for all the ways that the 110 seems to work fine, I just thought I would save the $50 and go with the 110. I have to say I am impressed I had the Egg up to 225 in about 12 minutes and the temp was sitting pretty not moving at all! It did over shoot a little but I did not have my Woo in there with a pizza stone to deflect and give indirect heat either so I bet it would sit real pretty once the temp clip is not directly over hot coals. Considering this a success! Can't wait to take the maiden voyage with it. Do you have a website for your store stlchacoal? I would like to take a look!
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
     Do you have a website for your store stlchacoal? I would like to take a look!
    I have an eBay store with a few things in it, but most of the others are just through email.  Just send me an email and I'll send you a list. 
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    Send me a list please jscarfo@bigbrewingco.com. Thanks
  • mokadir
    mokadir Posts: 115
    Options
    The unit is pretty basic and fool proof. Only thing you really have to adjust for on the long cooks is the damper. If it is too wide, it can overshoot a bit. You'll love it.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    I have an eBay store with a few things in it, but most of the others are just through email.  Just send me an email and I'll send you a list. 

nightforgexp@gmail.com

Thanks!!

• NightwingXP
    Options
    mokadir said:
    The unit is pretty basic and fool proof. Only thing you really have to adjust for on the long cooks is the damper. If it is too wide, it can overshoot a bit. You'll love it.
    How tight do you have the DW closed on top mokadir? I am trying to figure out my learning curve on this bad boy. As far as basic goes I think it is exactly what I need. I could spend the money on a more expensive stoker but I figured this would be a great starter model and as time goes I can upgrade if I see the need too. Can't wait to have many great cooks with this! Thanks!
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

I have an older model without the damper door.  I have a fender washer with a 3/8" hole in it inside of the hose......that's my restrictor.

I would keep that damper at the lowest setting once you get the temp set.  The Egg uses very little air at that low of a temp.

• NightwingXP
    Options
    Good to know and thanks for the list! Appreciate it!
  • mokadir
    mokadir Posts: 115
    Options
    Basic is just what I wanted too. I sleep well on overnight cooks now, or doing errands cooking ribs. For a low 225-250 cook, once well stabilzed with stone and meat in, the daisy is open just a crack and damper is usually open to the first setting. I have no desire to upgrade beyond this.
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I have had mine for a long time and love it.  I use it on my eggs and my bubba keg.  I had to put a washer in the tube to restrict airflow for the bubba keg since it is so efficient and uses so little air for the fire.  It has never failed me, and I sleep sound using it.
  • EggoMatic
    Options
    By reading this thread, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't need nothing extravagant. Just need something for a few overnight cooks. Please send me the list as well. atlrida404@yahoo.com. Thanks
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia