Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

How many people will a 8lb bone in Pork Shoulder feed? What should I do if it's not enough?

Doing pulled pork.
What do you think? ( I have no idea how many people are coming but I think it exceeds the number this thing will feed)
Thinking hamburgers as back up - a hamburger with pulled pork on the top as the "main thing"
·

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 15,049
    edited September 2013
    The rule of thumb I use is the reduced weight including removal of the bone is a loss of 40%. At that rate with your 8 pound bone in you should end up with approx. 9 cups of pulled pork. Typically a compacted one half cup makes a nice adult sandwich. Therefore that raw 8 pounder of yours should make 18 sandwiches. Will that work for you?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    Get a bunch of wings keep feeding em all night
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,084
    Add another shoulder...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,049
    henapple said:
    Add another shoulder...
    I agree...you can always use left over PP for many things so there is never a loss.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Mine always depends on how good it tastes.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·