Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prolific Sunday(beaucoup pictures)

I had me a whizbanging Sunday last weekend. started the Egg at 0800 and had it going until 1900 or so. 

Started with breakfast. I decided to make sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits.

I mixed the dough for the biscuits in the food processor, then gently shaped the dough ball into a rectangle and divided them into 12 pieces.

I cooked them on the Baking steel at 350.

Once finished, I browned the sausage and mixed up the gravy. I then simmered it on the steel until thickened.

Plated shot with some scrambled eggs.

I then baked some Oatmeal fruit bars with homemade peach preserve filling on the Egg. Super simple, super awesome.

Next up was meat and bean stew. Neanderthals sometimes call this "Chili", but since VI knows where I live, I'm not gonna eff around.

First up was the spices.

Then came some veggies and stuff.

At this point, it's still "Chili". I then murdered the chili, so I won't post that evidence.

Here is the meat and bean stew getting happy on the Egg with some wings. Chili? I've never heard of him.

Pulled off the meat and bean stew and finished off the wings.

Here are the wings getting saucy. They were chili lime flavor with a Honey-lime BBQ sauce. Key word is "were" because they sure were tasty.

Next up was dinner. I cooked everyone's favorite: Steak and Potatoes.

I reverse seared Porterhouse for me and Filet Mignon for SWMBO. Here they are after the "roast" period.

Here they are searing and resting.

Here is the plated shot and the money shot. Making great steak on the Egg is so easy it's criminal. 

Comments