Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hurricane season Friday nite cook!!!

Well tropical storm Gabrielle has been downgraded to a depression and won't become our first hurricane of the Atlantic hurricane season so I decided to celebrate with some bacon wrapped broccoli and cheese chicken breat and baked mashed potato's with veg for the kids and a reverse seared 3" prime rib steak/roast for the wife and I.:)

I'm going to reverse sear this bad boy till about 115-120 deg than sear at 650deg for a min per side...I hope the 50-70 mm of rain holds off till im done!!!

Jamie.
Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock? 

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
·

Comments

• damn you that looks incredible
    ·
  • looks amazing question was the broccoli raw of steamed prior to putting in the chicken ?
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,538
    looks amazing question was the broccoli raw of steamed prior to putting in the chicken ?
    Nuked it in microwave for 3 minutes...just wish i could keep the cheese in the chicken as it always seeps out and the kids love lots of cheese!!!

At 500 hundred now getting ready to sear the PR!!!

Im starved.

·
  • Well you will have a smile on your face by now, it is about 10 minutes after your ready to sear post - looking good my friend!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,694
    That's looks incredible!!! Enjoy!
    ·
  • Still lots of rain if you get what we got here in hfx!
    HFX NS
    ·
    Nsdexter said:
    Still lots of rain if you get what we got here in hfx!
    Kinda figured we have a downpour by now? Guess you are feeling Gabrielle by now??

·
  • NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 136
    edited September 2013
    Yeah started this am and has been going strong all day with the rain but not too much wind.
    HFX NS
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Cheese in the chicken? What cut are you using?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    So this was my best cook to date ...just awesome!!!
    Here are a few pics,you can't beat the flavour of prime rib...love it!!!

Now onto the lambs we go lol!!!!
    IMG_3401.JPG 504.6K
    IMG_3403.JPG 474.5K
    IMG_3404.JPG 476.4K
    IMG_3408.JPG 505.8K
    IMG_3410.JPG 486.3K
    IMG_3413.JPG 383.7K

·
    henapple said:
    Cheese in the chicken? What cut are you using?
    Chicken breast but they are to small to get a good roll maybe full size turkey breast is the way to go?? Or turkey thighs?

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,083
    Try boneless, skinless thighs, stuffed with your favorites, wrapped in bacon. We do artichoke, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese... Pick your poison and the bacon holds everything in.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    My kids are so picky Henapple it isn't even funny!!! Id love artichoke and spinach but my wife and kids are to particularl:(

·