Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Kobe Brisket

This is a 12lbs. Kobe brisket I put on tonight at 9:00pm cst. I'll post more pics once it hits 205F.
image.jpg 2.3M
·

Comments

• DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Same brisket
    image.jpg 2.5M
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Kobe brisket? What did that cost?
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Tjcoley said:

Kobe brisket? What did that cost?

Is it Waygu beef? Real Kobe would mean that thing cost a few hundred dollars.
    ·
    It cost a few shekels, I'm trying to start the Jewish new year off right.
    ·
    Nice!
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,970
    Someone will soon post the Kobe beef is the biggest scam in the food industry article.

None the less, I hope it turns out amazing.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
    My wife picked this one up for me today. You can order them from Snake River Farms, they have a great website.
    ·
    Not a bad price for Waygu brisket. Shipping made me go ouch. Your wife must love you very much. ;)
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,846
    Snake river farms meat is really good. There is an Asian store super h mart here in Georgia that carries some of their meat but not briskets.
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    Enjoy... Hope it turns out great

The shipping is almost the cost of a single brisket... Since it appears that they are driving it to my house, how much more for them to stay and smoke it for me? ;)
    ·
  • Snake River Farms is the place to get Waygu brisket! Shipping isn't bad when you buy 3 or more. I usually get 14lbs. They have a shorter cook time then your average brisket. Love them!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,970
    edited September 2013
    Griffin said:
    He made an update to the article saying that in August 2012, we're now allowed to import meat from Japan. Even though, SRF only sells American Waygu and not Japanese Kobe. While many of us think we have, most of us haven't had Japanese Kobe. Except Cen-Tex, but that's because he probably because he knows a guy who knows a guy who knows the guy that massages the cows.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    I didn't realize Kobe Bryant had his own meat company. Great diversification...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I understand that Kobe Beef is not exported and can only be found in Japan's Kobe Vally! Somebody fed you a line!
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    I thought so.
    363few.jpg 107.5K
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    Here's the finished product 19 hours later. It was amazing, but I just can't seem to get a smoke ring like I can on my offset. I'm putting the brisket on cold and using BGE lump with pecan chunks.
    image.jpg 2.6M
    ·
    Pic #2
    image.jpg 2.4M
    ·
  • That looks great. Try mixing a little hickory in at the begining of the cook and put the brisket in as cold as possible. How was the taste? I really like that extra marble inthe Waygu. A bit spendy for family, but the only way to go for competition.
    ·
    rsmith193 said:

That looks great. Try mixing a little hickory in at the begining of the cook and put the brisket in as cold as possible. How was the taste? I really like that extra marble inthe Waygu. A bit spendy for family, but the only way to go for competition.

The tast, texture, and bark was amazing. The only thing missing was the smoke ring.

·