Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hearth & Patio Eggfest Recipe Help (Bacon Wrapped Shrimp)

Hey All,

I was at an eggfest earlier this summer in Peoria, IL and one of the guys made some amazing bacon wrapped shrimp with a slice of jalapeño(I think), peppered jelly, and cream cheese.  wanting to try to make these for a cookout in a few weeks and need the process direct/indirect, temp and how long and also if I have the list of ingredients right.  Your help and guidance will be greatly appreciated! I am trying to venture past just ribs and pulled pork on my eggs.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited August 2013
    Hi...I was there also cooking there as I have been for all 11 years of the Peoria Eggfest. I can't say I remember them other than they sound like common ABT's made with shrimp instead of other meat fillings. Care to email me and I will try to help you sort through let alone give you the recipe?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Peel all but the tail section and butterfly the shrimp.
    Room temp cream cheese with some Old Bay and 
    Dizyy Pig Swamp Venom mixed together for the stuffing.
    Wrap in thin sliced bacon and grill direct @ 325
    till bacon is browned.
    Pensacola,FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited August 2013
    This is the way i do it. 400 raised direct. Goat cheese/cream cheese mix. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mickey's looks good. Just pack the stuff in there and cook till the bacon is crispy. I do indirect though.

If you just want the shrimp... Buy large ones, butterfly and stuff, wrap, grill. Could get expensive and labor extensive... I guess you could prep the night before.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thanks all for the good info going to be trying these tomorrow I'll post with how they turn out.
  • I make bacon wrapped shrimp with jalapenos also and put Szechuan sauce on it.

Jalapeño Shrimp Rumaki

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @VI-another award-winning dish and presentation.  And it sure looks tasty-how can you not like anything with jalas and bacon...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.