Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Egg vs Primo

Just wondering if the internals of the large BGE and platesetter are compatible with the equivalent sized Primo kamado. 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,305
    Not really that familiar with Primos, but I think they are oval instead of round.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I think there is also a round Primo...just not sure how close the dims are to the BGE large.

• You may want to try the PrimoHead forum...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,721
    The "large-sized" has an 18.5 inch cooking grid. I'm pretty sure accesories would be interchangeable, but I don't know about the fire box or ring.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,376
    I think the drop from fire ring to felt line on the primo round is close to 2 inches. So, the platesetter would push the grid above the felt line.....dome should still close, but I'd check. 
    t ACGP, Inc.