Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steaks. Finally got it right.

Since getting the egg I've been trying different methods (from posts/ recipes on here) but none really worked for me. So tonight I went simple. Inch thick NY strips and dizzy pig cow lick steak rub. Oh, and I've found that my cast iron grate from my weber q120 fits perfectly in the egg. So I stuck them on at 600-700 for maybe two minutes per side. Pulled and rested a few minutes. They were perfect. And simple. Mac and cheese and a salad. Great simple Wednesday night dinner!!!
Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
image.jpg 543.3K

Comments

• Looks great.  Simple is the way to go.

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    Great steak, great beer. Are you a Pennsyl-neck?
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,767

Great steak, great beer. Are you a Pennsyl-neck?

I am! Born and raised. Moved south when I was 13. My mom was actually Joe Paterno's secretary.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,538
    My favorite things about ski patrol(in PA) is walking into the pub post-shift and asking for a lager. Nuff said. I'm just south of the Mason-Dixon line.
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Nice job, ot looks very tasty.
  • Steak looks very juicy! Nice!
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 344
    Looks good, Thats the way I cook my Ribeyes too.

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

• 500500 Posts: 1,782
    Nice steak.  Yuengling Light is my go to everyday brew. 
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Great steak...great beer!
    Albion, PA