Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tru Que @ Home Depot Deal

It may be too good of a deal but I stopped by the local Home Depot (Charlotte, NC) and they had 8.8 lb. bags of Tru Que lump for 1.97/bag.  Just wanted to pass this on to everyone.  If anyone is familiar with the product, feel free to describe your experience with the product to assist others.

Thanks,

BBQJDUB
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
·

Comments

• Never heard of it.  Great deal.  Worth a try for that price. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • Get a few of them and try one.  Use the rest for clean burns if you don't like it. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 591
    Others are reporting it to be worthless!

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • Thanks for the updates...I picked up a few bags but that's a great idea for the clean burns.  I'll let you guys know once I use it....

Thanks
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,536
    I picked up two bags at my local HD for $4 a bag, which was half off.  Found it a little harder to get lit and burning than my go to Kroger lump.  Reviews say it's kind of on the smoky side.  It did take awhile to get to a clean burn, but once there, it was fine.  I went back a week later and they were all sold out of it.  I liked the size of the chunks.  It was not scrap but looked liked limbs.  A good buy.  I will seek out other HD in the area and try to find some more.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·