Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Poppers, Shrimp, and Corn

DMWDMW Posts: 6,827
Here was one that was a winner. Corn on the cob on the bottom, then shrimp on skewers, mushrooms on skewers, and then jalapeños half stuffed with a shrimp, half with cream cheese/pulled pork/Meadow Creek Rub. Was awesome. Oh and Meadow Creek BBQ in New Holland, PA is an awesome dealer. Amish owned and helpful in every way. Also rented a pig roaster from them for a friend's July 4th party. Would have loved to do it on my BGE, but there was no way I was going to fit a 92lb dressed pig on my XL.
My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
·

Comments

• rholtrholt Posts: 368
    I see you went unpeeled on the shrimp. How did you like that vs the peeled and ready to eat variety.
    ·
  • good looking cook !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,827
    @rholt I always have done unpeeled, was under the impression it helped shield the flesh from the heat. Though having the corn underneath probably provided a heat shield. The shells were a pain to peel, need to try some peeled. I did peel the ones I stuffed in the jalapeños.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,975
    Nothing prettier than a loaded egg! Nice pics.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • rholtrholt Posts: 368
    I hate shelling shrimp. They are wonderful when done right but easy to mess up.
    ·