Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Spatchcock Chicken

I was a bit nervous but I decided to put potatoes and onions under the chicken an it worked out pretty well. Good size bird just over ten pounds. Wnt to get a brisket done before winter!
image.jpg 237.8K
·

Comments

• Great cook, veggies under soaking in the drippings, tons of flavour. 
    Suggest you try parting out the bird, 6 pieces, 2 each or wings, breasts legs. Put 'em right on some root veggies, celery/taters/onions/leeks/sweet taters etc... Drizzle some lemon juice over them and away you go.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    10lb chicken is a big bird! Looks good.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,218
    Looks good. Better plan on egging in the winter also.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • great work good looking cook !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,267
    Man I look for my spatchcocked turkeys at 11 lbs. you bird looks good but I have (IMO) much better results ( for me) with chickens in the 3 to 4 lb size and do several.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·