Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead forum vs greeneggers forum?

Options
Ray Kane
Ray Kane Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Maybe I am missing it, but are they the same?

Also, I have tried different views, but I cannot figure out how to move or eliminate the eggfest central banners to get to the posts

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You want to be using www.eggheadforum.com, but yes they are the same.

As for the views. You want to be out of Wide-view to get rid of the Eggfest Central banners.

Click on Home. Forums and then Egghead forum. That should get you out of wide view
  • Ray Kane
    Options
    Thanks, I think I getting the hang of it - now i have to work on text size
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Once ytou are out of wide-view you'll get a frame on the left side. About half way down your see and A- and A+ button. They will increase or decrease your font size.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Celtic Wolf wrote:
    Once ytou are out of wide-view you'll get a frame on the left side. About half way down your see and A- and A+ button. They will increase or decrease your font size.

But it doesn't change everything. Some things will remain unreadable.
  • Ray Kane
    Options
    got the text size i needed - thanks for your help
    any idea why I get two notifications for topic posts?
  • MrPotatohead
    Options

Most likely...

Are you taliking email notifications? If you have commeneted on the forum, only subscribe once, not for each post or reply you make.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Both are an AWESOME tool for maximizing your egg practice!  Don't let anyone tell you one is better than the other.  Great people on each forum!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I also say check both forums. I started over there before this forum existed just like many here did and learned alot. I ended up over here since I think the crowd is more my age but there are several posters over there that we seek out at fests. Any site filled with people that love to cook is a good place to visit in my opinion.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Why can't we all be friends? As was pointed out last night the two forums have different speeds, but that should not make a difference to anyone who really wants to learn how to use their BGE to the fullest. We all can benefit from each other's eggperiences! Peace, brothers and sisters!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    I have tried to navigate the other site a few times, but this one is so user friendly that I usually get frustrated and come back here. 
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have tried to navigate the other site a few times, but this one is so user friendly that I usually get frustrated and come back here. 

I hear you, but if you would like to read a wealth of information for YEARS here is a narrigational tool I put together. Give it a try and you'll see how easy it really is. BTW the reason there are so many options available there was to appease NUMEROUS followers instead of a mere ONE SIZE TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT view.

My tool:

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1000581&catid=1

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    I agree with BGBG.  Although I still use that site occasionally the user interface is just not as "friendly".  The participants however are... :-D

Long Island, NY
  • NervousDad
    Options
    That style of forum is unreadable for me.
    Aurora,OH
  • revolver1
    Options
    I use and enjoy both. All great people.
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Zombie thread alert!  This original question was from 2008 back when eggheadforum and greeneggers took you to the same site. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Old thread or not, I only read this (and other unrelated) forums from my phone. And only when I have a minute or two to escape the daily craziness of life. I want to be able to read/ navigate and escape without confusion. Hopefully they'll get a mobile theme like this one soon and ill read it too!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options

Jeremiah said:
    Old thread or not, I only read this (and other unrelated) forums from my phone. And only when I have a minute or two to escape the daily craziness of life. I want to be able to read/ navigate and escape without confusion. Hopefully they'll get a mobile theme like this one soon and ill read it too!!
    i dont read forums from a phone but maybe flat view would help, it looks pretty similar to this setup
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    How do you do a flat view? I actually found their site first... Do everything on my DROID... The format is too aggravating.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @henapple, follow RRP's directions above. It's what I did to make it tolerable, but I can only stand it from a computer for the same reason you listed.
  • fishlessman
    edited September 2013
    Options
    henapple said:
    How do you do a flat view? I actually found their site first... Do everything on my DROID... The format is too aggravating.
    in the section that lists all the forums towards the end theres a couple views you can pick. classic, threaded, and flat. you have to change that setting both on the maine topic page and again once you click on a new topic. flat view is more similar to this site showing all posts in the order that they were posted, classic view shows conversations between members in a post. the problem with flat view there is the way its used there, no one mentiones other posters as say @henapple because most are using classic view where you post directly to someone. you would definatly need to turn the banners and side stuff off if using a phone as rrp posted
    fukahwee maine

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    So you're saying I need to be sober when doing all of that...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    henapple said:
    So you're saying I need to be sober when doing all of that...
    you only have to do it once
    :))  save it for the one day a year you have bloodwork done
    :D
    fukahwee maine