Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT... When life gives you apples ....

you make applesauce and apple butter. Alot of work but the wife and kids like it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Looks good! BTW if you have any leftover apples try delicious Snicker Apple dessert. Just slice off  part of the top, then peel down to mid point. Then using a mellon baller scoop out a hole in the center and insert a "fun size" Snicker bar, sprinkle on some brown sugar and then wrap with foil. On to egg for 30 min at 350 and you'll have a delicious though gooey dessert. BTW you can use a pan to hold the apples upright, though I made some aluminum rings to stand mine in.image
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Wow RRP! That sounds amazing.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    image Thanks - it's so simple, but a wowser for company. BTW here are those rings I made - just took a 3" aluminum pipe and cut it into sections and then snapped them back together.
  • RRP
    shtgunal3 said:
    you make applesauce and apple butter. Alot of work but the wife and kids like it.
    Didn't mean to hijack your post! Do you grow your own apples or was this from a visit to a local orchard with the whole family? Pick you own type?
  • shtgunal3
    @RRP ... A friend of mine has a tree in his backyard. We ended up with 4 five gallon buckets full of apples. I guess I need to give him a jar or two of applesauce.

• I'm sure it's good if its anything like your peach jam. I have really enjoyed it.
    Wiggins, MS
  • shtgunal3
    Glad you liked it Parker.