Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Never Forget 09/11/2001

Options
Fireman_Joe
Fireman_Joe Posts: 298
edited September 2013 in Off Topic
I was working at the firehouse that morning and we were on a call at the CVS pharmacy, the sales person behind the register screamed when the tv showed what was going on in New York. Our patient even wanted to watch and decided not to go to the hospital. We were not back in the station for more then 15 minutes when the orders came to lock down the station and to prepare for reassignment, we arrived as a search crew around 10pm to pure horror. I spent over two weeks there with the FEMA task force and then ended up going to 68 funerals for my fallen brothers. I will never forget this day !
Gambrills,Maryland

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Thank you and all first/second responders. I'm in an airport about to board a plane in a few minutes. Feels kind of freaky flying today.
    Options
    Thank you Fireman Joe for all that you and your fellow firefighters did and are still doing ,just like anything else this has past and we are stronger now then before ! I say this I will never ever forget that day and the days after the attack up until today life as we knew it has changed
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Ljpick
    Options
    God Bless. And Thank You for your service