Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE 2 probe Digital Thermometer

Does anybody know if their dual probe wireless thermometer is made by Maverick?

Been looking and was curious if it is or not. Also, between the two of them, does one pack more features over the other or maybe just flat out perform better?

TIA
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• I looked into this and found out they are the same unit minus the BGE branding.  Just got my Maverick yesterday.
    Albion, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The Remington branded one is even cheaper than the "Maverick" branded one.
  • The Remington branded one is even cheaper than the "Maverick" branded one.

I just saw that one after I ordered my Maverick.  I ordered two...one as a gift and got a pretty sweet deal but the Remington is a few bucks cheaper either way.
    Albion, PA
  • Thanks for the info! I still might just get the BGE thermometer and try to show support for my local dealer. I just knew that the Mavericks get good reviews & was wanting to make sure the BGE branded one was at least compareable. I figure if I keep supporting my local dealer & someday really need them for a warranty issue, maybe they'll return the favor. I have had an XL Egg for about 3 months now and am anxious to maybe try going somewhat digital for my slow cooks. My plan is to pair the Wireless Dual Probe Thermometer up with a PartyQ Temp Controller from the BBQ Guru. I really think that will be a sweet setup.
  • RickyBobby said:
    Thanks for the info! I still might just get the BGE thermometer and try to show support for my local dealer. I just knew that the Mavericks get good reviews & was wanting to make sure the BGE branded one was at least compareable. I figure if I keep supporting my local dealer & someday really need them for a warranty issue, maybe they'll return the favor. I have had an XL Egg for about 3 months now and am anxious to maybe try going somewhat digital for my slow cooks. My plan is to pair the Wireless Dual Probe Thermometer up with a PartyQ Temp Controller from the BBQ Guru. I really think that will be a sweet setup.
    I had a PartyQ controller for my medium and it worked very well.  I later bought an XL and the fan in the PartyQ didn't seem strong enough to control hotter fires (I had to leave the bottom vent open slightly.  You might want to talk to the BBQ Guru people and see what they have to say.  I ended up with a DigiQ WiFi and it works great on the XL (of course it should for the price).   The best thing about the PartyQ was it being battery operated so you don't have to worry about electrical power.  I would definitely recommend it for the smaller eggs but just don't know for the XL.
    Fayetteville, Ga
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    My PartyQ works very well on my large; plenty of fan for that.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • BobsBGE said:
    RickyBobby said:
    Thanks for the info! I still might just get the BGE thermometer and try to show support for my local dealer. I just knew that the Mavericks get good reviews & was wanting to make sure the BGE branded one was at least compareable. I figure if I keep supporting my local dealer & someday really need them for a warranty issue, maybe they'll return the favor. I have had an XL Egg for about 3 months now and am anxious to maybe try going somewhat digital for my slow cooks. My plan is to pair the Wireless Dual Probe Thermometer up with a PartyQ Temp Controller from the BBQ Guru. I really think that will be a sweet setup.
    I had a PartyQ controller for my medium and it worked very well.  I later bought an XL and the fan in the PartyQ didn't seem strong enough to control hotter fires (I had to leave the bottom vent open slightly.  You might want to talk to the BBQ Guru people and see what they have to say.  I ended up with a DigiQ WiFi and it works great on the XL (of course it should for the price).   The best thing about the PartyQ was it being battery operated so you don't have to worry about electrical power.  I would definitely recommend it for the smaller eggs but just don't know for the XL.

Yeah, I want to go with the PartyQ because it operates on batteries. I always keep a good supply of high quality rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops around the house, so I figured this would be one more way to put them to use. Plus, I don't have any electrical outlets close to where I normally use my BGE. The PartyQ just seems like a simple, user-friendly system and if I would match it with the BGE dual probe wireless thermometer I could put its receiver next to my bed for my overnight cooks so that it can alarm me and so I can monitor the cook from inside the house.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Yes, match it up with a Maverick (BGE) remote thermo.  Real important, now that football season is upon us!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58 said:
    Yes, match it up with a Maverick (BGE) remote thermo.  Real important, now that football season is upon us!

I'm pickin up what you're throwin down! :)>-