Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still haven't figure out how to post pic's from my Mac OS X

Still trying to figure out how to move pic's to a post. Have looked at this topic in OT and am lost. Did everything suggested and still no luck. Consider that at 73 I am totally computer Illiterate but keep trying. Thanks to any Geek or Non-Geek for any advice. 

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• in the box where you type  your message you will see under the box a link that says attach a file click that choose the photo that you want and follow along and you have posted a photo 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • Test

Opelika, Alabama
  • Clicked on attach a file then dragged a photo from I Photo...no luck!

Opelika, Alabama
  • You shouldn't have to drag it, you should be able to simply click th file
    HFX NS
  • After trying to drag I tried to find the file name and come up empty.

Opelika, Alabama
  • click on attache a file then click on choose file then you photo library will open hi light the photo you want to post then look to the lower right hand corner 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • in the lower right had corner you hit choose and you have now poster a photo 

Long Island N.Y.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    You can drag a photo from iPhoto onto your desktop.  Then when you click Attach File, and Choose File, you will find the file on your desktop.  

And its just a copy, so after posting you can delete it and it will still be in iPhoto

Opelika, Alabama
  • file://localhost/Users/chaichamnong/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Previews/2013/08/16/20130816-090619/IMG_4809.jpg

Another test
    I get a box that says uploading under the choose file tab ???

Opelika, Alabama
  • Thanks guy's for trying to help....I guess I'll just have to lie about all of my great and spectacular cooks.

Opelika, Alabama
  • it,s quite simple just follow what I said and you should have no problem im using Mac OS X and thats how I did it thats why there is a random photo because I was doing it as I was telling you how to do it 
    Long Island N.Y.
  • it,s quite simple just follow what I said and you should have no problem im using Mac OS X and thats how I did it thats why there is a random photo because I was doing it as I was telling you how to do it 
    Thanks Charles...followed ur instructions to the letter, even wrote them on a piece of paper to make sure. This old brain is wore out. Will try again after my afternoon nap.  :(

Opelika, Alabama
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I post from the mac like tj does. I download to iphoto, drag from the downloaded files(not the camera, disconnect it) to the desktop, hit insert pic & choose file on the forum, when choose file comes up be sure your searching your desktop. Next just choose the matching number under the photos on your desktop.... jpeg1548.i can't drag and drop to the forum. After it's downloaded to the bottom of the thread or comments I drag it to the field and delete the pic at the bottom.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    I also use a mac and have for several years, here are the steps to attach a photo from iPhoto...

1. Type up your post
    2. Click on 'Attach a file'
    3. Click on 'Choose File' - this will bring up a Finder window over your browser
    4. At the bottom of the list on the left side there is a section called 'MEDIA' click on 'Photos'
    5. This will change the main window on the right portion of that Finder in the top section click on iPhoto. (It will take a moment to load all your photos)
    6. You will then see a drop down list under the name iPhoto, if you have organized your photos into events select this option the choose the event where you photo is located.
    7. This will open the event and display all the photos in that event.
    8. Click on the photo you want to post and then 'Select' in the lower left corner of the window.
    9. Your photo will be displayed below this window.
    10. Then click on the 'Post Comment' button to post to the forum.
    If you would like send me a message and I can create the step by step from above with screen shots for you. I hope this helps.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Click on attach file. Then click on choose file. Then click on the location of the file in the side bar on the left. Then click Choose in lower right.   TAKE A LOOK AT MY SCREEN SHOT 
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Here is the step by step with pictures, I hope this helps...
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • DMurf said:
    Here is the step by step with pictures, I hope this helps...
    Excellent job. That should get him up to speed.
  • Thanks to all for the comments....when I get home from fishin' trip today I'll give 'er another try. You guy's are great !!! :)>-

Opelika, Alabama