Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Should I jet wash out my BGE?

Okay, this might sound crazy, but I had the idea of jet washing out my BGE. Just think I'm going to do something dumb. 

nbak

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,574
    Yes.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • What would be the purpose?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• So,

I forgot to put a drip pan under a chicken and it's made a mess of my plate setter. Just hate the look of it there all spattered with baked chicken fat.

nbak
  • biznorkbiznork Posts: 112
    Use a putty knife to clean it.
  • or do a clean burn 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • You will get used to it, even learn to appreciate the beauty

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Okay,

I'm over it. Thanks guys. Sometimes you just need somebody to agree that you're being dumb about something...

nbak
  • agree on the clean burn.  After my high-temp pizza cooks, my plate setter goes from brown/black to bright white.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,518
    nbak4bbq said:
    Okay,

I'm over it. Thanks guys. Sometimes you just need somebody to agree that you're being dumb about something...

nbak
    You'll do really well here.