Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone ever inject a butt with

Tony Chacheries (sp) Cajun Butter ??? Gonna do two butts for this week-ends tailgate and was going to try to flavor one of them with the "butter". Never injected any butt's B4 so I thought I'd check to see if anyone has tried this "stuff". Thanks Guy's and Gal's.

BTW......WDE!

Alexander City,Al
·

Comments

• Tony Chacheries (sp) Cajun Butter ??? Gonna do two butts for this week-ends tailgate and was going to try to flavor one of them with the "butter". Never injected any butt's B4 so I thought I'd check to see if anyone has tried this "stuff". Thanks Guy's and Gal's.

BTW......WDE!
    Or any other stuff ???

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Have injected with apple juice before, sorta gives a different twist.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    Chris Lilly's injection mixture is excellent.
    ·
  • Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 459
    I've inject several butts and there is no real difference in my opinion to non-injected butts. Just season your pork butt after you pull it apart. No need to inject.
    ·
  • I've injected a lot of butts, but I most deeply regret injecting Miley Cyrus's butt with Adderall.

Seriously, though, I've never injected a pork butt, but I cannot imagine that it would do any damage.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • A buddy of mine did pulled pork for a get together, on his BGEm, and injected with Cajan butter.  1st time I had it prepared that way.  I went back for seconds and well as everyone else.  It didn't last long.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
    ·
  • Thanks for the feedback eggers !

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,434
    I never have until recently using Wickers as an injection. It's a vinegar based marinade. Slightly different taste but people love it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I've done two or three with Italian dressings. It was good. But not worth the trouble. I have a buddy that injects with some mixture and he swears by it. His but is really good, but not anything that can't be beat with rub and the right temp.

It's fun to play around with tho

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    +1

I also used Stubbs Chipolte Butter and it was good.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,373
    +1 This is good stuff. Just did one over Labor Day and was great.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·