Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KY BBQ Festival this weekend

Options
well I had a pretty unique experience this weekend.  My wife made the trek into Danville for the 3rd annual KY BBQ festival.  I got to meet Melissa Cookston from the Memphis BBQ Company....she was very nice.  I got to eat some of her ribs.....they were really good.....i liked her spicy sauce the best.

I also got to eat some of big Moe Cason/Ponderosa BBQ's brisket sandwich!  That was real good as well.

But I have to admit that while the food was no doubt really good I was a bit surprised that it wasnt better.....I dont mean that in a bad way....and I know that they were cooking for the masses in 85 degree weather and had lots of help in their tents to prep the food, so they didnt personally handle every single aspect of it.  But my buddy is churning out BBQ that to my taste buds are just about as good and hopefully mine isnt too far behind either....lol.  like I said, i understand that we have the chance to nursemaid our cooks thur every little issue where they are cooking huge amounts all day long......so I dont mean anything cocky about it.....and their food was good, but I guess after seeing the shows etc I suppose I thought I would just pass out right in the streets after tasting it.....lol

But one of the coolest things was getting to hang out at the BGE tent and taste some grilled pineapple and some boston butt prepared by "Jeff"......his food was super good and he was extremely helpful in sharing ideas, tips and techniques along with allowing me to take pics of some of his recipes from his book!

all in all it was a good time.....I wish it hadnt been so hot though!
gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!

Comments