Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings and a grilled tater salad

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum

Seems like life has been keeping me way too busy lately. Nine days between firing up the Egg is way too many in my book, but sometimes things are unavoidable. But I was able to get after it Saturday. I've been wanting to figure out some type of potato salad for awhile that involved grilling just for the heck of it. I knew I wanted it to have bacon and I wanted it to be cool and creamy. What I came up with I'm gonna call Bacon Blue Cheese Grilled Potato Salad. Thought about adding in the adjectives red and purple but that would make it way too long IMHO. Started off by par-boiling some red and purple taters.

Once they were done, I fired up the Egg and cracked open a Mexican cerveza I brewed awhile back and waited for the temp to get just right.

I've never used purple potatoes before. Kinda shocked at the color. I mean I knew they would be purple, but still...

They went on the Egg at 450 for about 10 minutes or so.

Oncce they came off, I chopped them up into smaller bite sized pieces and added in the rest of the stuff.

I let them chill and then started on some Buffalo wings and some hatch chile cheese sausage

Served it up on our finest China along side some brussel sprouts that Mrs. G whipped up.image

It was so nice to sit back for once, fire up the Egg and watch some football. Really liked the potato salad. One thing that I didn't forsee was how well the blue cheese in

the tater salad would work with the spiciness of the wings. Great combo.

@Dyal_SC - yes, my tater tots were jealous, but it was worth it. ;)

Bacon Blue Cheese Grilled Potato Salad

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great as always @Griffin.  That tater salad looks off the hook...or chain...whichever is better ;).  I'm sure it pairs great with the wings.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Outstanding, my friend! Can't go wrong with blue cheese and bacon. It's great in the cole slaw that I make periodically too. Never would have thought about using it in potato salad. You the man! I figured your tots would be jealous. ;)
  • Griffin
    Options
    I still need to try your cole slaw @Dyal_SC. I did think of you and your slaw Saturday when I was shopping for ingredients, but I had already committed to taters.

Rowlett, Texas

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Awe shucks! You thought of me. :\">
  • Griffin
    Options

I also thought of you while your GameCocks were getting mauled by the Dawgs. Probably cuz I wasn't wearing the shirt you sent me, but I didn't feel like 'splaining to my Mother in Law multiple wardrobe changes for all the games I was watched so I just stuck with Baylor. I'll wear it next time you play.

Course it also could be because you made wings instead of hot dawgs. You're supposed to eat your rivals mascot, not your own. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    The "wing king" strikes again.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN