Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend Is Here... Friday / Sat Cooks

2»

Comments

• EggoMatic said:

Sounds like a good weekend -- especially with my Dirty Birds playing on Sunday. I think I'll make some special "Aint's" sauce for my chicken thighs :))

It will be good night for the Saints.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited September 2013
    The meal looks great, Hap !   =D>

But, I'll pass on the smokes, having quit 10 years ago.  I didn't want to kill my wife with second hand smoke.  However, I've always said that if she dies before me, I'm lighting up.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772

Hapster, was that from the meat counter or their vacuum-sealed packs in the cooler? Did you get 4? Mine requires that to get the $9/lb price, otherwise it's $11/lb, I believe.

I got it at the meat counter. I did see the sign about buying 4 for that price. Maybe the guy messed up? Or maybe he gave the better price since I was buying the kabobs as well? The cost for the steak was $8.99 and it was .90 pounds I think
    ·
  • Real nice meal Hap!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,772
    Thanks Fred...

Heading to Wegmans now for another rack or two and maybe some other goodies to put on the egg as well :)
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,020
    Lowflyer said:
    @ Nola, sounds good on paper but u will prob be sadly disappointed by the outcome on Sun. Ur last season compared to ours doesn't hold a candle. Jus sayin "dat"!!
    whooop!  whoooop!  Not disappointing at all. 

·

• Lowflyer said:

@ Nola, sounds good on paper but u will prob be sadly disappointed by the outcome on Sun. Ur last season compared to ours doesn't hold a candle. Jus sayin "dat"!!

whooop!  whoooop!  Not disappointing at all. 

Congrats
    ·