Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

my first egg.

After the long wait I'm getting my xl on Tuesday.we lived in a loft and had no outdoor space.now we have a house and within a week of moving  Im finally getting my egg. Found it local and for a good price. planning on a stainless table for nest.super pumped!
Scott
Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack

Comments

• Congratulations.  Hope you're getting a camera too !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Congrats

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• luistluist Posts: 15
    Had my xl a month or so now. Absolutely the best thing I have ever bought. Enjoy it
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Very good. Where do you live?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,009
    Gonna skip the place setter and get the woo and ar.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Greenville tx.60 miles northeast of dallas
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• I just got my first one two weeks ago. Love it.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 2,777
    Welcome. I'm new too. I love it more every time I use it!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Welcome and get prepared for your grocery bill to go up and your eatin out to go down!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Welcome, just what we need more folks with brisket in their blood - can never have enough Texans!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Cuda1965Cuda1965 Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    Congrats!
    I live in the same area, (Royse City)
  • NervousDadNervousDad Posts: 305
    edited September 2013
    Congrats! If I got my wife to enjoy food from the egg, you're going to love it!

Good choice skipping the plate setter. I bought one then I bought an AG and never I'll never use the plate setter again.

Aurora,OH
  • I've cooked more in the 3 weeks i've had my egg than I have in my prior 33 years of existence.  I'm slowly turning my yankee wife into a bbq fan.  I'm from MS and she is from NJ but we live in Nashville.
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,573
    Lots of good stuff posted here.

Enjoy your Egg, and like VI alluded to, remember Pics or it didn't happen!
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    There it is . it came in early. I turned the dome over in the box just to see it.first time I've seen a xl in person... its huge. making plans on build or buying a table this weekend.All my friends and coworker's think I've lost my mind. Im the cook at our house. I've smoked lots of stuff on a offset smoker. can't wait to do it the easy way.Cuda you know where I'm at then.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,550
    texaswig said:

There it is . it came in early. I turned the dome over in the box just to see it.first time I've seen a xl in person... its huge. making plans on build or buying a table this weekend.All my friends and coworker's think I've lost my mind. Im the cook at our house. I've smoked lots of stuff on a offset smoker. can't wait to do it the easy way.Cuda you know where I'm at then.

Soon your compatriots will be here espousing the virtues of their new egg after enjoying the wares of off yours.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,689

I've cooked more in the 3 weeks i've had my egg than I have in my prior 33 years of existence.  I'm slowly turning my yankee wife into a bbq fan.  I'm from MS and she is from NJ but we live in Nashville.

@SpanishMoon... Let me know if you want to try some Ozark Oak.... I'm in Murfreesboro.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN