Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pizza pie

Pretty traditional pie. Homemade dough. Cooked between 500-550 on dome thermo.

image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 2.5M
image.jpg 983.8K
image.jpg 353.5K
·

Comments

• Nice work, pies look tasty.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • That does look good. You keep them on parchment the whole time ?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • Nice looking pies, now I have to make pizza soon.
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • That does look good. You keep them on parchment the whole time ?

Yep. It makes the transfer from peel to stone much easier. No messy cornmeal all over the place. And it helps in producing a beautiful crust.
    ·
  • I agree, parchment paper has saved pizza night at my place. I just couldn't make it work with cornmeal.

New Brunswick, Canada

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,649
    edited September 2013
    That does look good. You keep them on parchment the whole time ?
    I always build my sticky dough pizzas on parchment paper and then trim the paper back to about 1/2" except I leave a good size ear on one side. I place that raw pizza on my hot stone with the ear protected by a leg of my plate sitter. About 10 minutes into the bake I grab the ear and my metal peel and pull out the parchment paper so the crust can brown up a bit. Works for me!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·