Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket is on

Just put the brisket on the Egg.  8 pounds, rubbed with Lysanders Beef Rub, one of my Elf gifts (Thanks @ Aviator)  Finished pics to follow.

Comments

• why do you foil your thermometer?  I have the same one and don't do that.  Does it hurt the wire or something leaving it exposed? 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,914
    The foil just adds a layer of heat protection to the cable-run.  I would guess it prolongs life but no proof-BTW-I foil mine.  FWIW-
    Louisville
    ·
  • Good luck with that nice looking brisket, soon going to be some good eating to be had at your house.

@hugeeineo - foil does a couple of things, it helps keep moisture and heat away from the cable probe junction, and after a number of low and slows the cable can get pretty grungy, lot easier to change the foil than try and clean the cable.  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    I'm not sure the foil helps prolong the life of the probe, but on the off chance it does, it's cheap and easy to do.  It's more important to keep the probes over one of the platesetter legs rather than over the direct heat. 
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    And into the cooler it goes.  205 IT, and the probe went in like buttah.