Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip Pan Question for Large

Options
Does the 16" round drip pan available from Ceramic Grill Store ( http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/16-round-stainless-drip-pan-large-lx/ ) fit using the BGE plate setter?

It did not say on the Ceramic Grill Store site if it woudl fit using the plate setter. Clearly it will fit using their set up. I measured my plate setter and the way I see it 15 to 15 1/2 will fit but I am not so sure about 16 inches.

I was also just considering a deep dish pizza / cake pan as I can then get a 2 inch side, as opposed to the one inch on the Ceramic Grill store, so when I use it as a moisture additive (like fill it w/ apple cider during a long pork shoulder cook) I can out more in w/ no fear of it cooking away. ... Thoughts?

TIA

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    I have that and use it with the adjustable rig. Not sure if it will fit snug into the plate setter but if it did you would need a means of lifting if from the setter to keep the drippings from burning. Maybe try a round cake pan with a smaller diameter?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Magicman_007
    Options
    RLeeper, thanks for the answer. Actually what you had said is really my question. What size diameter pan can I get that fits into the large plate setter. Clearly, the bigger the diameter, the better. I have found a number of  deep dish pizza / cake pans that are 14, 15 and 16 inches. But, if a 16 inch will fit comfortably, then I want that size.

I figured someone on this forum has tried the 16" round drip pan from Ceramic Grill Store on the BGE plate setter and knew if it fit or not. That way I can ascertain if 16 inches is too big (or not).

I use 3/8 stainless steel nuts to create air flow under the drip pan so that I do not burn the dripping.
  • RLeeper
    Options
    I checked this morning and the drip pan that comes with the ar combo does fit into the platesetter. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Magicman_007
    Options
    RLeeper - You are best! Thanks :)
  • RLeeper
    Options
    Anytime!