Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp Creole bastardized with chicken.

I did Creole tonight utilizing both eggs. Sorry for crappy cell phone pictures.

Here is the Holy Trinity getting cozy.

After I added the tomatoes and junks, onto the large for 30 minutes.

I cooked boiled Creole rice inside and did 2 poultry boobies on the mini with blackening seasoning.

After the chicken did 3 minutes per side, I pulled it and sliced against the grain. Then I put it in the sauce with the shrimp to finish. Forgot the flash.

Inside shot and plated pic. I might hold off on the blackening season next time as it was a touch salty, but delicious.

imageimage
·

Comments

• I'd eat it. How about the whole recipe?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,449
    td66snrf said:

I'd eat it. How about the whole recipe?

+ 1.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Looks good.  Did you put any Cajun seasoning in besides the blackening seasoning (like Slap Ya Mama or Zatarain's)?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • That looks amazing. Is that a lodge ECI? I have the 7qt in that same color. I use le creuset on the stove but that lodge stuff is just as good.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Looks good, I have the same lodge too! I'll try that recipe if you can give a little more info
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    That is something right up my alley, but I never make for whatever reason. Another thing to add to the ever-growing list of things to try on the egg. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Great looking meal - those are great pictures (some posts have small pictures which is sometimes difficult to see on a tablet)
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,251
    @td66snrf and @caliking,
    I used the recipe from this site: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2008/04/13/shrimp-creole-recipe/

@Village_Idiot, I used Konriko Creole seasoning in the sauce.

@travisstrick, this is my LC 5.5 quart. Key word is "my", otherwise it wouldn't be out there.
    ·
  • That looks great!  You had me at "bastardized".

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • StevStev Posts: 36
    That looks amazing. Is that a lodge ECI? I have the 7qt in that same color. I use le creuset on the stove but that lodge stuff is just as good.
    I'd  have to agree Travis I only use me Le Creuset  in or on the  the stove its a waste but too much $$ invested to travel.
    ·
  • @td66snrf and @caliking, I used the recipe from this site: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2008/04/13/shrimp-creole-recipe/ @Village_Idiot, I used Konriko Creole seasoning in the sauce. @travisstrick, this is my LC 5.5 quart. Key word is "my", otherwise it wouldn't be out there.
    That web site sucks. I've got drool all over my shirt now, but I did add it to my favorites. Thanks Mr. Eggcelsior
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·