Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small 2 Tier Swing Rack Is A New Favorite!

Options

This is an incomplete post so you'll have to trust me the ending was terrific!  I got in on the grid extender group buy, but the grid extender didn't work in my small without modification (cutting it smaller).  I wasn't excited about that.  I ordered the 2 Tier Swing Rack for my small. 

We went to my Mom's house today and she requested brats.  Who am I to say no?  My brother and SIL were there and she asked for boneless chicken breast.  I aims to please.  I knew I brought the mini for a reason!  She has dietary issues so I seasoned the chicken simply with salt & pepper because I had no idea what rub she could tolerate while I was shopping.  I have the other rack in there because I didn't know if I could fit all the brats in the small and the chicken went on first.  The extra real estate wasn't needed.

Here's the 2 Tier Swing Rack.  I seasoned it last night. 

Here it is loaded with three packs of Johnsonville originals (15 brats in all). 

So the pictures end here.  I was busy socializing and forgot about taking pictures, but trust me the meal turned out great!  I think I'm really going to enjoy using the Swing Rack!  The brats were served on buns with optional sauerkraut and/or sautéed peppers & onions.  The side was a Kroger veggie tray because I was too lazy to do anything else. 

Thanks for looking! 

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• CGW1
    CGW1 Posts: 332
    Options
    Nice pics!! Brats are awesome off the grill. Thanks for ordering.
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I love my CGW Small Swing-rack. I think it helps out the small egg so much, having to pick veggies to cook while the meat was resting has always been minor thing about the smaller eggs. Now I have cooked potatoes and corn right along with the main protein and have it all ready at the same time! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.