Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Chili Cheese Dogs with a Twist

The pork tenderloin was not defrosted so I went fridge diving for tonight's dinner supper. I found 5 hot dogs still in date, two hatch peppers, one onion and cheese........What to make? Chili cheese dog, of course, but with a twist.

Watched this storm most of the way home. Lots of lightning and blustering. Decided to challenge Mother Nature with a mini cook

Par roasting the hatch chilis and onions

storm getting closer

Salsa made with the roasted tomato, onion and smashed garlic with dash of vinegar, Mexican oregano, salt and pepper.

Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX

• What a brilliant idea! That is awesome! Hope the storm is peaceful.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • DfishelDfishel Posts: 104
    Looks amazing.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Now that's ingenuity at its finest.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,439
    Very imaginative - stay safe from the storm.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,733
    I'm doing that this weekend once the hatch festival rolls into Wegmans here. Maybe a chile chili cheese dog...

I just thought of an even better idea...

Chile chili cheese dog relleno?
  • Now THATS intriguing!
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,229
    Very innovative! Looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Joan, that is absolute GENIUS. You continue to amaze me!
    Judy in San Diego
  • @all thanks. I am not a big hot dog fan (other half loves 'em), but I have to admit these dogs were pretty tasty. @ Eggcelsior go for it relleno sounds very interesting.
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    Wow, thank goodness for this forum, I apparently do not possess the ingenuity of my piers, this is a must try.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • @aquacop....necessity is the mother of invention and fridge/pantry diving can sometimes yeild the best cooks.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,314
    Awesome idea!  I love the use of the onion rings to hold them together.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,471
    Just so creative. You put a smile on my face. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Brilliant!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • A Coney Dog with cheese is a chilI & cheese dog. Your creation should not be referred to in the same sentence as the hum drum coney. Outstanding creativity!

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,240

@aquacop....necessity is the mother of invention and fridge/pantry diving can sometimes yeild the best cooks.
    Going to be attempting a version of these dogs today. Do you have to roast the peppers first before building the dog?
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,546

Oh that looks good. Guess what I am doing this evening.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

Chattanooga, TN.