Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Q Griddle

Options
Looks like the Kettle Q will just fit in my LBGE and easily in the XL.  Anyone have experience with the square ones?  I would like to get the largest cook surface that will fit on the XL.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I gave mine to PhotoEgg. Did not care for it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Mickey, please share why you didn't like it.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    No personal experience but I have seen a few threads on this thing. Try search.

XLBGE 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Looks like the Kettle Q will just fit in my LBGE and easily in the XL.  Anyone have experience with the square ones?  I would like to get the largest cook surface that will fit on the XL.
    I bought my square one years before they came out the the lighter weight round kettle one. Granted I don't use it too often, but it's another toy in my toy box! I really like it for breakfast as I can fry my bacon, eggs and pancakes in it with ease and fun to do besides! I find the ideal dome temp is 300 and then I close my bottom vent entirely. That seems to keep the temperature stable during the cooking time.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • jeroldharter
    Options
    You might consider a baking steel which would be easier to store and clean.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Actually I already have these, which work pretty well, but was thinking the grease trap might be good.

• RRP
    Options
    BTW - these clean up very easily though best done while still hot. During the cook though they immediately look bad like this. One trick I learned since then was to put a folded paper towel in that troff in front so when you scrape the debris off into it and add water clean up is a snap. 
  • mikeb9550
    Options
    don't get it myself. I guess it would work but why not use a gas or an electric griddle ? its like whisking with a fork when there is a whisk in the drawer.
  • RRP
    Options
    Perhaps, Mike, but eggers like to do things different. Guess you probably wonder why I like to bake cakes in my eggs instead of our oven...the challenge and fun aspect gets in your blood - maybe you're just not there yet, but you will if you let it.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Mickey, please share why you didn't like it.

Used it twice and just did not care for the clean up. Saw one being used by Spring Chicken and got one. Then just never used it and gave it away. Have several CI pans when needed that clean so much easier. Now don't go by me,I also gave away all my CI grates in favor of SS.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Trust, me, Mickey...I understand, but honestly you gave up too soon, or maybe you bought it too soon. The first time or two I used mine it was a bear to clean, but then I studied more and found out clean up can be a breeze if done quickly while still hot. Is it really for everybody? H*LL NO!!!, but if you want to have more tricks going or toys to play with it is fun.