Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thermapen sale

Just got an email. The brown Thermapen is on sale for $85.00. Brown only sale.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·

Comments

• Brown must be the slowest.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • Yeah I received that email also -- right after I purchased mine two days ago. :(
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
    ·
  • Don't feel bad Eggo. I did the same and then they had an open box sale :-B
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • I'm sure the pain will go away when I get it in my hands. Until then ill wait patiently.
    ·
  • Unless you stab yourself with it
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • Unless you stab yourself with it
    One thing the Navy taught me was ORM - Operational Risk Management. The only thing I will be stabbing is that pork shoulder next Friday!
    ·
  • HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO! Had to jump all over this, especially with the start of the season tomorrow!
    image.jpg 1.5M
    ·
  • And you wonder why they are on sale in that color :)
    ·
  • williamadamsesqwilliamadamsesq Posts: 155
    edited September 2013
    Love the brown.
    image.jpg 1.3M
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 484
    Looks like a turd!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • I got my Thermo Pen and a month later they came out with the backlit one. Never fails
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE
    ·
  • Seanr7Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Got mine in the mail two days ago
    XL BGE
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,768

HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO! Had to jump all over this, especially with the start of the season tomorrow!

rebuilding since 1968.. lol
    ·
  • Well it looks like this sale is over.  From the sounds of it there really isn't a substitute...Guess I should just suck it up and buy one?

Does anybody have the silicone protective boot?  My egg is on concrete and may save me some grief especially after a few beverages.

I would have taken a brown to save a few bucks but since I have to pay full price what color is truly the fastest?

Albion, PA
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,450

Does anybody have the silicone protective boot?  My egg is on concrete and may save me some grief especially after a few beverages.

I would have taken a brown to save a few bucks but since I have to pay full price what color is truly the fastest?

For a mere 8 bucks that silicone boot makes sense. My older model is yellow and my newer one is white and I swear that yellow is a shade faster!!!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    the boot has saved my orange one many times over. worth it if you ask me. 

if you are going to pay full price get the new back-lit one. 
    ·
  • HorseMoverHorseMover Posts: 174
    edited September 2013

Check on the boot...just wanted to make sure someone had one and it fit properly.

@Mkline do you really think the back-lighting is worth $16?

Albion, PA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Orange is by far the fastest. ;)

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    If you do any late night cooks or some long overnights it would be nice to have.

when i do a low and slow overnight i hate turning on the outside patio light or a flashlight to view mine due to the bugs that swarm. Plus, whats another few dollars when you are buying a quality piece of equipment.  
    ·
  • For anyone looking for a less expensive option, thermoworks also offers this pocket digital. It takes about 5 seconds to read but its very accurate and costs $19. I've had mine for a year.

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt301wa.html

·