Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini...........not kinda this time

So I bought two of the Vision Grills Kubs from Costco then looks what shows up on CL. A never been cooked on Mini with stand.

imageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• Nice score! Where did you find the stand your Vision is in?
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,064
    Score!

Be careful of the old stand - it used to cause the base to crack in a neat line where the base rests against the top ring. @Mickey had a mod to address that issue. Another idea which I think would work is to cut a notch in one place on the top ring, to allow for some expansion as it heats up. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Nice score! Where did you find the stand your Vision is in?
    It's a plant stand from Home Depot.
    ·
  • caliking said:
    Score!

Be careful of the old stand - it used to cause the base to crack in a neat line where the base rests against the top ring. @Mickey had a mod to address that issue. Another idea which I think would work is to cut a notch in one place on the top ring, to allow for some expansion as it heats up. 
    Thanks for the head's up. I think I'll weld in a base for it to sit on out of bar stock so the stand doesn't touch the sides of the Egg.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,135
    How much was the mini on CL?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I paid 250 for it.
    ·