Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Mini...........not kinda this time

So I bought two of the Vision Grills Kubs from Costco then looks what shows up on CL. A never been cooked on Mini with stand.

imageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• Nice score! Where did you find the stand your Vision is in?
    Large BGE and a couple non-greenies
    Roanoke TX
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,943
    Score!

Be careful of the old stand - it used to cause the base to crack in a neat line where the base rests against the top ring. @Mickey had a mod to address that issue. Another idea which I think would work is to cut a notch in one place on the top ring, to allow for some expansion as it heats up. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Nice score! Where did you find the stand your Vision is in?
    It's a plant stand from Home Depot.
    ·
  • caliking said:
    Score!

Be careful of the old stand - it used to cause the base to crack in a neat line where the base rests against the top ring. @Mickey had a mod to address that issue. Another idea which I think would work is to cut a notch in one place on the top ring, to allow for some expansion as it heats up. 
    Thanks for the head's up. I think I'll weld in a base for it to sit on out of bar stock so the stand doesn't touch the sides of the Egg.
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,085
    How much was the mini on CL?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • I paid 250 for it.
    ·