Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hello and Friday's lunch

Hello everyone, I am a lurker who thought it was time to post. Thursday night I put 2 pork butts and 2 beef brisket points on for an overnight cook on my XL. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. In the morning I foiled the meat and added a turkey breast. After I was challenged to add more, I added some chicken wings and brats.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I have a Medium BGE and a Medium WOO also, but I was challenged to cram the single grid. I FTC the butts, rested the turkey, pulled the brats and wings, but left the points on for Burnt Ends. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Pulled the pork, sliced the turkey, my sister in law added Mac and cheese, baked beans, homemade rolls and cookies. Everyone was happy with the results.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos After lunch I finished up the burnt ends. They will make a nice Friday night treat.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos. I hope my pics post ok. This is my first attempt, and I know if the pics don't show, it didn't happen. Thanks for all the advice and info you have all given this lurker.

• Pretty damn fine looking cook, even for a lurker.  Welcome and nicely done.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 7,570
    Unbelievable first post!  It all looks amazing.  Way to get your money's worth out of that XL! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I'm glad you made the plunge! From where in the world do you post from? I'm in Flint, michigan.

Shangri la where life is beautiful and everybody's happy.

• I'm located in Lexington, Illinois, a small town midway between Chicago and St.Louis on Old Route 66.
  • LitLit Posts: 4,624
    So you may have just won best 1st post ever. A pic of the finished burnt ends will probably put you over the top. Nice cooks.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,451
    Amazing cook. Way to pile it on! Now that's a party.
    It's not a science, it's an art. And it's flawed.
    - Camp Hill, PA
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 468
    What a great cook, thanks for doing your first post, please continue to do so, we all benefit from them.
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • radamoradamo Posts: 364
    Great first post and cook.  My favorite pic is the loaded XL with the multiple cables sticking out for the temp probes.  Lots going on... LOL.
    Long Island, NY
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,781
    Great cook Rick, welcome to the madness.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

• HotchHotch Posts: 1,657
    Welcome, and what a great cook.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans