Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

No egging for me. OT

henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252
Tooth extraction today.. So it's chicken broth and shakes. Oh yeah, some oxy pills. Whee....
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
·

Comments

• and maybe some libations 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,177
    Let me know if you want some Percocet... Or just add Tylenol.
    ·
  • Tequila helps.  Good luck with that.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Replace the broth with you favorite delicious liquid beverage and you will be fine! 
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,046
    I had a screwed up tooth...been to the dentist 7 times in the past 2 months.  I know where you're coming from.  Fortunately today was just cleaning.  Tonight we're eating out at NOLA Saffron (yum).

·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 817
    edited September 2013
    Had a wisdom tooth extracted about 3 years ago, if I remember correctly I did not feel much pain till the next day, had I followed the directions for taking the pain killers I probably would not have felt any pain.  The build up to the dentist visit was probably the worst part of the whole process.  Hope you'll be eating steak by Sunday.

Gerhard
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,801
    Damn... Good luck with that. Just be careful mixing meds... Don't want you doing a Heath Ledger
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Heal quickly and get back to Egging soon.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,140
    A clever McGyver-izing of a Cyber-Q, a cold-smoking setup and an aquarium bubbler may allow you to smoke the chicken broth.  Stand by...

:-B

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Let me know if you want some Percocet... Or just add Tylenol.
    Perkies are wonderful.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    Wish you a speedy recovery. When SWMBO had a tooth extracted a few years ago,  I smoked a rack of ribs for her,  pulled the meat off the bones,  and pureed the meat.  She said it was the best thing she had to eat that week. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • @ henapple  Hoping for a speedy recovery From Ella and myself!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
    ·
  • Nick2cdNick2cd Posts: 49
    edited September 2013
    Certainly don't want to be the party pooper, but the peak pain usually comes around day 3-4. Avoid straws and forceful spitting for the next few days. Dry sockets suck. Hope you're back to egging soon! Just make ur next cook something loooow, sloooow, and fall off the boooone. Tender is the ticket. Happy chewin!
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    Nick2cd said:
    Certainly don't want to be the party pooper, but the peak pain usually comes around day 3-4. Avoid straws and forceful spitting for the next few days. Dry sockets suck. Hope you're back to egging soon! Just make ur next cook something loooow, sloooow, and fall off the boooone. Tender is the ticket. Happy chewin!
    No smoking either -  cigars or cigarettes,  that is. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Speed recovery to you @henapple!! I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year so I can feel your pain.

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    Hey, just blew into Smyrna. Wish I had known woulda come over and help put some misery out.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,001
    Hope you feel better soon.  Egging is more fun than oxy.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,177
    caliking said:

Nick2cd said:

No smoking either -  cigars or cigarettes,  that is. 

I completely second this. Vasoconstriction is no fun when the socket starts to rot from lack of blood flow. Avoid chocolate and caffeine for that matter as well.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,046
    A giant 32 oz Slupee(tm) helps.   Just don't use the straw.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252
    Couldn't egg but did clean and do some adjustments to the egg. Had dome leftover ribs, mashed potatoes and corn pudding. Now for dessert... Oxy-Coden.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793

I had a screwed up tooth...been to the dentist 7 times in the past 2 months.  I know where you're coming from.  Fortunately today was just cleaning.  Tonight we're eating out at NOLA Saffron (yum).

Trying to split that oak Beaver style?
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • Enjoy the pills, don't mix though

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,271
    Best to you man
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,252
    Surprisingly I'm back in the saddle. A little sore but no more oxy. Stuffed thighs tonight.
    ·
  • Gettatter!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·