Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DizzPig 20th overall out of 490 teams!!

Options
The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dear All, [p]Chris just called to say that DizzyPig took 20th place overall out of 490 teams in the American Royal Open. No other details available at this time. Fannnntabulous! Way to go,guys! [p]Brett

Comments

• Congratulations, you guys! That is so great![p]Lee
  • The Virginian,[p]Fantastic! I know what they are feeling like tonight- I felt that way a couple years ago when we came in nineteenth. Way to go Chris and the guys![p]phillip

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]That's outstanding. Chris and the boys boys to be elated!Way ti go DP Team![p]Smokey

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Congratulaions Dizzy Pigs!![p]I've said it before, but again, You guys rock!!!

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The Virginian,
    That is great news...Congratulaions Chris,John and Kenny.
    Larry

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    The Virginian,
    FAN-tastic! Congrats, Dizzies! Hoisting an adult beverage in your generall direction.[p]Ken & Diana

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Chris and Company,
    Most eggcellent!! Congradulations on your teams efforts and on a great product.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    That's up there Chris! Wadago! Let's have some pics please![p]Cheers,[p]Gm[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Congrats Chris, Keep up winning those awards[p]Howard in Bartow

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    That is pretty dog on good! Congrats Chris and the DP Posse!
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    The Virginian, that is fantastic! Whatever Chris tweaked this year, he certainly made the right moves. We should be seeing him on FoodTV any day now.

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    The Virginian,
    That's incredible talent and team work! Congrat's DP Team!
    Clay

• Humpty
    Humpty Posts: 27
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Man, they are sure making a statement this year. The entire DP Team should hold their heads high. I think this calls for a celebration on my part a little later this afternoon. Maybe some burgers with just the right amount of my favorite rub and a couple of nice cold adult beverages while I'm watching the smoke rise. Nice day in the lower 70s here in lower Virginia.[p]Way to go DPers,
    Larry

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Well, I knew that those other teams should be shakin' in their boots. We just gotta get them last 19 teams shakin'! Way to go guys![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Let's see... "Coneggulations!" or "Congratueggations!" or "Congratulations!"... Shoot, they all sound good. Keep it up and I might have to start attending where you're competing just so I can see it happen.[p]Spring "Sub-Last Place Runner Up But Peddling Hard" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• guavawood
    guavawood Posts: 213
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Whew! That's awsome! My math's not too good but isn't that like the top 4% ?? Way to go DP![p]Aloha![p]Greg
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Congrats to the DP team collectively and individually!!! Way to go guys!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Great finish and well deserved, guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KC Egghead
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]I saw the team yesterday in KC and had the opportunity to sample some of the best brisket I've ever had. I met Chris for the first time and he was a hell of a nice guy. I'm glad they placed as well as they did. It's a shame their brisket didn't win first place. If someone really has better brisket than the DP team, I'd like to try it![p]Congratulations DP team![p]
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Wadago Chris and Team Dizzy![p]Finishing in the in top 5% out of almost 500 teams is quite an accomplishment. You guys are HOT HOT HOT this year.[p]I bet it was a blast and I hope your bearings hold out for your trip home.[p]Ya did us proud! Now show us some pics.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Congratulations PIGS!! ;) It couldn't have happened to a better bunch of guys! I'm glad for you and wish you more of the same in the future, (and I'm sure you will!).
    later,
    Ron.

• JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    The Virginian,
    WOW!!! Congrats Dizzy Dudes...
    Chet

• Co-Bro-Q2
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]Congrats to Chris and the Dizzy Pig TEAM !!!
    That placing puts DP in the Top "4%" of competition teams in AMERICA according to my calculation.[p]Good luck at the JACK in the fine state of Tennessee !!![p]Kirk [p]
    www.co-bros.com

[ul][li]http://www.co-bros.com[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Brett...and everyone. Finally got my 36 hours of needed sleep, and got down here to these messages!! Thanks to evryone for the kind words. After once again getting simply HAMMERED in the invitational, it was nice to come back in the Open and get some good scores. We really didn't change anything. One thing for sure, we gotta do something different with our chicken and ribs out there. The judges did not care for what we were doing out there in the heartland. They loved our brisket and pork, but obviously were lookin for something else with the reebs and chix![p]Behind on the grinding, but hope to get some pictures downloaded soon. It was a lot of fun this year, and got to meet a bunch of the folks we been seeing on TV. The Rib Doctor, Haywood. Adam Perry Lang. Mike Davis of Lotta Bull (who took reserve in the Invite and Grand in the Open). And got to spend some good time hangin with drbbq and Chris Lily. Throw in dozens of other good friends and a hundred new ones, and it was an incredible weekend.[p]Back to the grind. Keep them eggs a-smokin!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ