Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Love Friday Afternoons and Weekends...

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
07_07_0016_07_04.jpg
<p />This afternoon I'm doing another batch of Baby Back Ribs - Memphis Style - Method is indirect at 225 degrees dome - 2 hours over the drip pan, 2 hours in foil and the last 2 hours will be split between indirect and direct. Love Ribs! The deer in the picture was taken through the screen - she wanted to come for ribs, but settled fro a few Hosta instead. She let me take the picture and then wandered of into the woods.[p]When the ribs are done we'll be attempting a little pulled beef. I started with an English Cut Chuck Roast about 4 inches thick. It has a nice fat layer on the top. Last night I covered it with Memphis Style rub and this morning I covered it with a layer of mustard. I plan to cook it low/slow just like pulled pork. Starting at 200 degrees dome and finishing at 200 degrees internal. When finished it will be pulled and smothered with JJ's BBQ sauce - I'm using JJ's because it is thinner than mine and the cider vinegar should add to the taste - The sauce is now cooking. [p]Late tomorrow I'll be putting on baked beans - the walrus’ modification for the BGE from a Dorothy Thomas’ recipe. What a perfect weekend![p]
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments