Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanut Butter & Jelly Crusted French Toasted Sandwiches on the Baking Steel (Pix O'Plenty)

How about that name?  Yeah, it sucks, but the sandwich doesn't.  I saw it on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and thought it would be fun to do.  The dish couldn't be more simple.  Make a peanut butter & jelly sandwich using thick bread.  We made six sandwiches.  Three with grape jelly, three with strawberry.  Next, make your favorite french toast egg mixture.  Ours has vanilla extract & cinnamon.  The crusted part is Frosted Flakes which we pulsed in the food processor.  Now dunk the sandwich in the egg mixture just long enough for the bread to accept the cereal coating in the next step, but not so long for it to turn into mush.  Coat with the cereal and now it's ready to cook.

I got the egg stabilized at 350 and pre-heated the Baking Steel.  I'll let the pictures finish the story. 

imageimageimageimageimageimage

That's MONEY!  Thanks for looking.

Flint, Michigan

Comments